Contact UsOffice: 613-774-2129
Next draw is Aug 31. The take-home prize amount will be a minimum of $10,000. Draws will occur monthly once the curling season starts. Your ticket purchase will go directly to supporting youth curling at our Member Clubs.
For more information about the Draw, please visit : http://curl-on.ca/5050-information/
If you buy tickets from the CurlON website then please select “Winchester Curling Club” as your Participating Member Club. A portion of the proceeds will go to the Winchester Curling Club.
The contest is open to Ontario residents who are 18+ years of age. An e-mail address is required. Payment is by credit card only.
3 options for ticket purchase : 5 tickets for $20 – 20 tickets for $50 – 50 tickets for $100
Enter your info, including e-mail address. Your tickets will be sent to the e-mail address provided. Enter your payment info. Submit. Done !
Good luck and thank you for supporting the Winchester Curling Club and CurlON,
Hello fellow curlers,
This is Paul Roberts writing you today, I am president at Winchester Curling Club this season. We have had 3 great weeks of curling so far, despite all of the Covid-related restrictions and protocols. Everyone is enjoying the new rules and the wearing of masks has not been a deterrent. Our lounge is open again for pre-game and post-game socializing.
I am happy to extend an invitation to those who are not curling this season. We have the following openings should you wish to curl in Winchester this season :
1) Ladies league on Monday nights : room for 4 curlers. Draw time is 7:00pm. This is not a fixed league, teams will be scrambled every 5 or 6 draws, to allow for meeting and curling with new people. Please contact convenor Tina Gasser (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you wish to join.
2) Open league on Friday nights : room for 4 curlers. Draw time is 6:30pm. This is not a fixed league, teams will be scrambled every 5 or 6 draws, to allow for meeting and curling with new people. Please contact convenor Phil Gasser (email@example.com) if you wish to join.
3) Open league on Monday and Thursday daytime : room for 8 curlers. Draw times are 9:30am and 1:15pm. This is not a fixed league, teams will be scrambled every 5 or 6 draws, to allow for meeting and curling with new people. This league also has the option of playing on Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday if enough people are interested. Please contact convenor Phil Gasser (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you wish to join.
4) NEW ! Open Fixed league on Saturday nights : room for 6 teams / 24 curlers. Draw time is tentatively scheduled for 6:30pm. If we get enough interest for 2 draws then we will either a) have an earlier Saturday draw, or b) have a Sunday draw. League play to commence January 9 2021. Please contact myself (email@example.com) if you wish to join this new fixed league.
5) Sundays are available for use, whether it be a doubles league or another mixed/fixed league. Sunday play to commence January 10 2021. Please contact myself (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you wish to play on Sundays.
Before signing up to play at Winchester, please read the attached Return To Play document. You must be willing to abide by all of the new rules and protocols in order to play. By signing the appropriate forms, you are making a promise to your fellow curlers that you will not come to the club if you have symptoms of illness, you will obey the rules in order to protect the health and well-being of your fellow curlers, and you will perform your share of cleaning duties to keep the club and its members safe.
If you have any questions concerning the Return To Play document then contact me and I will answer them.
Membership fees remain fixed at $395.50 (taxes included).
Please contact the appropriate convenor if you are still interested in curling at Winchester this season.
Thank you for your time,
Registration is now open in person at the club October 8th 7-9pm, or by
completing the registration form and emailing it to
email@example.com before October 14th.
Hello members, after a long process and several drafts we are releasing
WCC’s Return To Play document. Please read this document, several times
if necessary, as there are a lot of new procedures to learn.
If you have any questions then please e-mail them to Paul at
firstname.lastname@example.org. I expect there will be lots of discussion of this
report at the AGM (to be held this Wednesday Oct 7 at 7pm, in the
Hello WCC members, the past few months have seen many changes to the way we live. Curling changes are coming soon too. Club volunteers are currently fine tuning a document to present to the Executive. We hope to have a Return To Play document available to members by the end of this week.
Your Return-To-Play crew are : Abe Douma, Amy Martin, Casandra Spruit, Leeann Chamberlain, Megan KleinSwormink, Nathan Lang, Paul Roberts
We will have further details to post on Tuesday.
Good curling and stay safe !
After much discussion and debate, the Winchester Curling Club Executive, Board Members, and League Coordinators have decided, with deep regret, to cancel all further curling and events this season, effective immediately.
We have many members who are part of the vulnerable demographic as well as at-risk individuals. Many members have already expressed their concern about continuing curling this season. We cannot guarantee the safety of our members if the club remains open for curling, and it does not make sense to continue with club operations if it puts our members at risk of contracting the virus.
Thus, consistent with the Eastern Ontario Health Unit’s closure of many public venues, We feel strongly that it is being proactive and socially responsible to cease activities within the club. The ice plant will be turned off today.
We are not alone in making this difficult decision. We understand that many other curling clubs have made this same decision to close recently and more will follow.
We have scheduled the Spring General Meeting for May 14th, and will maintain that date for the time being.
Stay safe and healthy!
Winchester Curling Club